Saturday, February 20, 2010

Audio books to the rescue.

One of the most frustrating things for me about this long battle with pneumonia has been my inability to read to Will and Owen without coughing a bunch or getting short of breath.

Last weekend we picked up some books on tape for Will to substitute for my reading when Rob's at work. Will has an insatiable appetite for stories and the only reason we ever stop reading a chapter book is because I call an end to our reading session, pointing out all the work I have to do.

So with an audio book, there is no stopping Will. He listened to three-quarters of William Steig's "Dominic" the other day, wrapped up in a sheet like this for a couple hours. It was all I could do to get him to turn the thing off for dinner. Then he spent all of dinner retelling the story to us.

No comments: