Monday, March 31, 2008

One and a half days old

Yesterday as I walked down the halls of the hospital labor and delivery unit to meet our friends Carey and Brant and their new baby girl, I was retracing the steps I’d taken as Rob and I walked laps back in July as we tried to get labor going the night before Owen’s birth (we were eventually sent home before real labor set in for good). And I was remembering those incredible morning moments when both Owen and Will came into the world.

And then I got to lay eyes on sweet sleeping Curran, who was born, all 8 pounds, 7 ounces of her, just before midnight on Friday.




And that’s when I began to cry. She’s beautiful, isn’t she?

1 comment:

shannon said...

Yes, very, very beautiful. Congrats to Carey and Brant! They hold life so preciously in their hands, so thoughtfully in their heads and meaningfully in their hearts that I know, they will do all right by Curran Riley. Thanks for sharing the good news!