Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Inflatable buddies -- deflatable bullies

The nice thing about imaginary friends is that when they bully you or generally behave unpleasantly, you can just swap 'em out for a new friend – maybe of the same name.

Here’s how Will traded in his old friend Ally yesterday:

I have a new Ally Mama, 'cause the old Ally wasn’t being nice.

He wasn’t? What did the old Ally do?

He poked me.

So what did you do about that?

I poured LEGOs all over him. And then I got a new Ally.

How does that work?

You just get it and pump it up and it turns into a new Ally.

Nothing like inflatable – and deflatable – friends for taking the headache out of conflict resolution. Ally and Puff and Will periodically push each other to the ground or hit each other – and Will’s none the worse for wear. No bruises, no blood, no tears. It’s my kind of roughhousing.

No comments: