Monday, October 22, 2007

Gourd Guards

Will has informed me a few times in the past couple weeks that I’m not well suited for door-guarding at bedtime because I’m not strong enough to fight off tigers as well as daddy. Male chauvinism sets in early (I happen to think that Rob and I would be equally lousy at fighting tigers).

Last night, though, Will decided that even daddy might want to call in an army for nighttime door-guarding duties. An army of pumpkins in fact. Rob humored him on this request to bring four pumpkins -- big and small, squash and clay -- to help guard his door for the night.
Three of the pumpkins were fresh purchases from the Best Nursery pumpkin patch, where Will fell in love with an itsy bitsy pumpkin, named it Rawscot and smothered it with kisses for the rest of the day.
(This Halloween business is undoubtedly just feeding Will’s little frightened fixation with tigers. We’ve been working together on a tiger costume – his choice for trick-or-treating garb this year. I didn’t try to talk him out of it – maybe trick-or-treating will become face-your-nightmares therapy for Will this year. If you can’t fight ’em, join ’em, I say.)

No comments: