Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confessions of a Halloween slacker mom

Today’s Ledger-Enquirer includes a little pre-Halloween column about my quick descent from creative costume-making mom to sell-out, buy-it-at-the-dollar-store-and-be-done-with-it Halloween slacker mom.

I’m aspiring to get creative again next year – and I applaud you if you’ve got more ambitious plans. Here are a few web sites for the inspired costume creator in you.
(The last site with cardboard-box costume ideas has me scheming about making a sufficiently “cool” if totally cumbersome race car costume with Will next year. It probably won't happen.)

familyfun.com

Homemade Halloween costumes

Familycorner.com


Here's a photo of Will and Owen during a trial run of their Halloween costumes. I discovered that the hand-me-down frog is already too small for Owen, so we found hand-me-down dragon costume in the attic, which will make a better partner for a knight anyway.

No comments: