Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'll buy from your attic

With our economy on the brink of collapse, I figure it’s a good week to give up all plans to buy things new and fancy this year and start buying stuff second-hand. Of course that’s kind of a life philosophy for me, regardless of Wall Street’s moods. Why not save money and recycle at the same time, especially when you’re buying for kids who will outgrow their clothes in a matter of months?

Last week I bought most of Will’s fall and winter wardrobe plus a bunch of books to use with my preschool kids at the Just4Kidz consignment sale , and this Saturday I’ll descend for a bit on the Junior League of Columbus Attic Sale, which runs from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2 p.m. in the Columbus Civic Center. Admission is $1. Proceeds go to charity.

No comments: