Saturday, March 13, 2010

No kisses for this kid’s bride

I’m not sure what got Will thinking about weddings yesterday, but at 5 years old, he is decidedly unromantic.

“What happens if they say you can kiss the bride and someone doesn’t want to kiss the bride?” Will asked me.

“I’ve actually never heard of that happening…” I told him and before I could say more, Will was fretting about his own future wedding.

“I bet I wouldn’t even kiss a bride because I don’t like kissing.”

And he scrunched up his nose and made that universal kid look that says, “eeeewwww, gross!”

1 comment:

Dave Back said...

For some reason, this sounds familiar to me as I believe I had the same thought. The idea of marriage was right to me as a kid, but the kissing thing was icky to me and embarrassing. So I can relate to Will's thoughts on marriage.